Ministry: Deputy Prime Minister
Running to Be: Minister
Mr. Moukheiber was born in December 8th 1958 in Beit-Mery, Lebanon. He graduated with a Law Licence from St-Joseph University Law School, Beirut, Lebanon in 1981 and in 1983 he graduated from Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, USA.
In addition he enrolled in the Doctorate program of the Paris II Law School (1989). Dissertation interrupted. - Since a deputy, Mr. Moukheiber has practically frozen his professional legal practice to concentrate on politics and civil society involvement.
Currently, he is a lecturer at the St. Joseph University’s faculty of Law and political science in Beirut, teaching a seminar on human rights. . - He has taught a number of courses and seminars on conflict resolution, arbitration and mediation at a number of universities (USEK, AUB, USJ) as well as in a number of specialized public and private workshops (since 1985). - Mr. Moukheiber has lectured, written and published extensively about the subjects covered by the areas of his civil society/political involvements, e.g. various aspects of human rights, particularly about freedom of association, the rule of law, the judiciary and its independence, electoral systems, democracy, civil society and anti-corruption measures, protection of environment and heritage and, most recently, about parliamentary reform.
- Member of the Lebanese Parliament, representing the Metn district.
- Member of the parliamentary Law and Administration committee and Rapporteur of the parliamentary Human Rights committee and member of the parliamentary Environment committee.
- Chairman of the “Arab Region Parliamentarians Against Corruption” organization.
- Member of the “Global Organization of Parliamentarians Against Corruption (“GOPAC”).
- Chairman of the Lebanese Chapter of this regional organization the “Lebanese Parliamentarians Against Corruption” .
- Chair of the Global Working group established by GOPAC on political and parliamentary ethics.
- Member of the “Parliamentary Network on the World Bank” (PNoWB).
- Member of “Parliamentarians for Global Action”, an organization dedicated to the development of democracy and the rule of law, particularly promoting the International Criminal Court (ICC).
- Member of the Inter-Parliamentary Union on Orthodoxy.